Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

How easy is it to make money online?

In the recent past we have seen a surge on advertisements on how to make money online. The claims are sometimes exonerated and made to look easy. A couple of months ago i decided i want to try for my self. I made a research on the kind of thing i would like to do that will not be costly and that which i would like.

We know that the internet is full of garbage some of which are completely out of this world. Don't get me wrong, from the experience i have had i know it is possible to make money and a lot of it online. The issue is its not as simple as the claims might be and if there is a simple way out there please let me know and i will jump into it head first.

This is what i did to get to where i am and my experience i know can be shared with many out there. From the research i did i decided to become an affiliate marketeer with Amazon.Without proper knowledge i went out and set up an account with them had to learn most of the things from scratch for i did not have proper computer knowledge. Thank God for my friend who helped me to set up the website and launch it. After hard work i had my www.gooddealstoreshop.com on line.

With the no previous knowledge in niche, SEO, or keyword i had no idea what i was up against. I was crawling the internet day and night for tips and knowledge. I realized i had to market the website really well for me to have the traffic. I had to learn to optimize the site which i had no idea how to go about. Everything in the site from setting the categories,color, layout but my friend designed the logo for me.

Someone said to me that a good strategy would be to have a blog, write articles, build backlinks that would generate traffic to my site. All this was jargon! what is backlink? What is SEO?What is good keyword? How do i write a good article? What is rich content article? This is internet language that you have to learn. Every field has its set of language and unless you learn the language you will not be able to communicate, basic principle but mostly ignored.

I embarked on blog with this in mind that i have to market my website. I looked around for the blog site that i could sign up with. I signed with Blogger and had my first blog enews.blogspot-The Store. I started writing not knowing how to find keyword or how to optimize the content. With try and error i started linking the content to my website. Writing was not something i had done since leaving collage years ago. Where do i find the information and how do i compile the information to make it a nice article?That's a subject of another day. I realized it was not an easy task and quickly i was running out of material.

After sometime on Blogger i found WordPress i signed up with them and set up Comgeneration which i latter connected with the website store to make www.gooddealstoreshop.com/blog. I thought that would be a clever idea and from then i started working on that blog. As i struggled ignorantly i realized i had to learn so much if i have to get anywhere with my mission. My friend suggested i sign up The Keyword Academy who would help me. I am not marketing for them but i found their information very helpful. Mark who is one of the guys behind the project is brilliant and honest. One thing i remember him pointing out is that its a lot of work to write for money or  to get traffic but with persistence it would pay off. He also said that if you make one dollar online you should celebrate. I respect him for that. I like honest people and he is one of the few i have come cross in the internet world.

My friends having the blog is one thing but if you are thinking of making money through writing its not an easy task. I thought of Google Adsense which i thought would give me some money. So far i have made only £4.00. Its a lot of money given Mark said if i make £1.00 i should celebrate. I don't intend to discourage anyone but i want you to have an idea of the reality and if possible alert you so that you will have a better starting than mine.

Someone might be asking, is it easy to make money online then? Do i think it easy to make money online? My honest answer is NO!From my experience there is only one way up, the stairs. If you are thinking of a short cut it will be costly and not certain. I have labored day and night to be hear to tell the story. Every other garbage out there are proclaiming the easy way to make money online but my verdict is they are far from the truth. We tend to be wanting everything the easy way not realizing that for you to fly from one part of the world to another someone invested time and energy to give you that comfort. Somebody has to pay the price! Simple.

Do i regret certainly Not! I have come a long way to be where i am and i have learn so much than i would have never known. I love challenges and this has been a good one. It has opened my eyes to the possibilities if i persist and don't give up. I don't quit that's my motto. If you are someone who cannot persist 'please don't give up your day job' as Simon Cowell says. I have gained so much knowledge, i have adopted quite a lot and i am becoming better day by day.

If you have had a similar experience or something completely different please share with me in the comment. I greatly appreciate your time.





No comments:

Post a Comment